J is for Joanna.
Scripture Reference:Luke 8:1-3; 23:55; 24:10
Meaning of Name:"Jehovah hath shown favor", or "The Lord is grace", or "The Lord give graciously"
Family Connections:The wife of Chuza, the house-steward of Herod the Tetrarch.
Interesting Facts About Joanna:
- Joanna was among some of the women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases by Jesus (Luke 8:1-3).
- We are not told of which Joanna was cured.
- She helped to support Jesus and the Twelve out of her own resources.
- Joanna was a devoted disciple of Jesus.
- She was a believer in the house of Herod the Tetrarch.
- Joanna witnessed the crucifixion and death of Jesus.
- Joanna and the other women saw the body of Jesus laying in the tomb with myrrh and aloes.
- She and the other women went home to prepare spices and perfume to use to make their own contribution to the burial process after the Sabbath was over.
- She was among the women who discovered the empty tomb of Jesus after His resurrection.
- Joanna was among the first witnesses to tell others about the resurrection of Jesus.
- Joanna and the other women, along with the disciples, waited in Jerusalem for the promised Holy Spirit as directed by Jesus before he ascended into Heaven.
- She devoted herself to prayer.
What We Can Learn from Joanna:
- Live a life of gratitude to Jesus for all that He has done for me.
- Give and bless others with a thankful heart.
- Be a witness for Jesus wherever I am...be it with unbelievers or fellow believers.
- Always give my best to those I love.
- Wait patiently for the promises of God to be fulfilled in my life.
- Be consistent with my prayer life.
Walking in His Grace,
I'm #abcblogging with Marcy at Ben and Me - thank you, Marcy, for hosting! Click on the image below to read more posts from others who are blogging through the alphabet!