V is for Vashti.
Scripture Reference:Esther 1; 2:1-4
Meaning of Name:Beautiful woman.
Family Connections:Wife of King Ahasuerus and Queen
Interesting Facts about Vashti:
- Vashti, the Queen, was ordered by the drunken King Ahasuerus to appear before his assembled guests (drunk as well) at the conclusion of his seven day banquet.
- Vashti, the Queen, was a beautiful woman and the King wanted to display her beauty in a prideful manner as he had displayed his other kingdom treasures.
- Some believe Vashti, the Queen, was ordered to come into the presence of this drunken group of men wearing only her royal crown.
- Vashti, the Queen, refused her husband/the King's request risking both her crown and her life.
- Vashti was removed as Queen and never allowed to enter the King's presence again.
What We Can Learn from Vashti:
- Courage in taking a stand for what is right.
- Choose virtue and modesty over worldly admiration.
- God will protect us when we choose what is right in His eyes over what seems right in this world.
- Honor God above all.
Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons.
This Blogging through the Alphabet challenge has been hosted by my friend, Marcy at Ben and Me. Thanks, Marcy! If you would like to read more #abcblogging posts, simply click on the image below.
Walking in His Grace,