F is for Female Water Drawers.
Scripture Reference:1 Samuel 9:11-14 (NIV)
11 As they were going up the hill to the town, they met some young women coming out to draw water, and they asked them, “Is the seer here?”
12 “He is,” they answered. “He’s ahead of you. Hurry now; he has just come to our town today, for the people have a sacrifice at the high place. 13 As soon as you enter the town, you will find him before he goes up to the high place to eat. The people will not begin eating until he comes, because he must bless the sacrifice; afterward, those who are invited will eat. Go up now; you should find him about this time.”
14 They went up to the town, and as they were entering it, there was Samuel, coming toward them on his way up to the high place.
Names Unknown:These female water drawers are unnamed.
Interesting Facts about these Female Water Drawers:
- These female water drawers knew about the prophet Samuel's comings and goings.
- They knew the festival days.
- They helped direct young Saul who was looking for Samuel in hopes that he would be able to help Saul find his father's lost donkeys.
- These female water drawers were a part of God's plan to fulfill a vision he had given to Samuel about Saul.
What We Can Learn from the Female Water Drawers:
- What might seem insignificant to me can actually be part of a bigger plan of God's.
- God is in the small details of our lives.
- God can use whoever He wants to fulfill His plans.
This is very encouraging to me! Can you see that God can use any situation or anybody to fulfill His will and purpose? I wonder if these women ever discovered that they had a part in fulfilling God's plan for young Saul's life.
Who in your life are you directing toward the heart of God? Be encouraged to know that even the little things you are doing can add up to eternal value!
Thanks for joining me in #abcblogging! Find out what other bloggers are writing about in their Blogging Through the Alphabet series by clicking on the image below.
Walking in His Grace,