P is for Priscilla.
Scripture Reference:Acts 18:2, 18, 26; Romans 16:3; 1 Corinthians 16:19; 2 Timothy 4:19
Meaning of Name:Worthy or venerable
Family Connections:Wife of Aquila.
Interesting Facts about Priscilla:
- Anytime Priscilla is mentioned in the Bible, she is with her husband, Aquila.
- She (and her husband) were expelled from Rome because they were Jews.
- Priscilla, with her husband, were believers of Jesus Christ.
- She (and her husband) were able to return to their home in Rome after the death of Emperor Claudius.
- Priscilla labored together with her husband, Aquila, in the service of the church.
- She, along with her husband, sailed to Syria with Paul.
- Priscilla (and her husband) explained the Way of God more accurately to Apollos.
- Priscilla and her husband hosted a house church in their home while in Ephesus, Corinth, and Rome.
- Priscilla (and her husband) were referred to by Paul as his co-laborers in Christ Jesus.
- Priscilla was united in love with her husband.
- Priscilla was united in Christian service with her husband.
- She (and her husband) are among the earliest known missionaries.
- Priscilla (and her husband) opened their home up to Paul who stayed with them 18 months.
- Priscilla (and her husband) risked their lives for Paul.
What We Can Learn from Priscilla:
- Unity in a marriage is a beautiful witness.
- Be active in the church with your spouse for God's glory.
- Practice hospitality.
- Grow in the Word of God together.
- Share your knowledge of the Word of God with others.
- Be a faithful friend.
- Bloom for God's glory wherever life takes you and your spouse.
- Stay faithful in serving the Lord together.
I'm Blogging Through the Alphabet with my friend, Marcy at Ben and Me! Check out my other posts in this series on my Women of the Bible page.
Walking in His Grace,