Q is for Queen Sheba.
Scripture Reference:1 Kings 10:1-13; 2 Chronicles 9:1-12; and Matthew 12:42
Meaning of Name:Name unknown. We only know her as the Queen of Sheba.
Interesting Facts about the Queen of Sheba:
- Queen Sheba traveled around 1,200 miles to Jerusalem upon hearing about the wisdom of King Solomon and his relationship with the Lord.
- She came with a caravan of camels loaded with spices, gold, and precious stones to give to the king.
- Queen Sheba had a quest for knowledge and presented King Solomon with her questions.
- She was overwhelmed at the realization of King Solomon's wisdom.
- Queen Sheba praised God for the wisdom of King Solomon.
- She acknowledged God as the giver of the king's wealth and wisdom.
What We Can Learn from the Queen of Sheba:
- There is One greater than Solomon that we can learn God's truth from - Jesus.
- Seek a deeper personal knowledge of God.
- Pursue God-given truths found in the Bible.
- Seek out relationships with others who are grounded in their relationship with Jesus and can teach us.
We are nearing the end of this #abcblogging challenge from my friend, Marcy at Ben and Me. Thanks for taking the journey with me! Find all of my posts in this series on my Women of the Bible page.
Walking in His Grace,
Click on the image below to read more posts of others who are Blogging through the Alphabet!